LIVE BLOG: Ongoing updates from our reporters at the Sochi OlympicsContinue reading.
Olympics update: The scene, the expectations and the opening ceremony
Spoiler alert: Sochi is 10 hours ahead of Chicago.
That means all the Olympics coverage you’ll see tonight on prime time TV will already have happened. In fact, the Opening Ceremony is just about to begin now.
Every morning during the Winter Games, we’ll be bringing you a roundup of what happened while you were sleeping. Here’s what’s happened already in preparation for the events (oh, and that new team figure skating thing).
Our reporters Mark Lazerus and Rick Morrissey landed yesterday in Sochi. They share the scene and their expectations:
• Bathroom humor, Sochi style
• Athletes enjoying life at Sochi’s Olympic Village
• The world is in Sochi, wary but excited
• Finally arrived in Sochi
• Bookmark this one for the Opening Ceremony: Ongoing updates from our reporters at the Sochi Olympics
More details as the Olympics get started:
• Olympics engender sense of awe — even if we can’t ski, skate or slide
• Sochi’s opening show: Let Putin’s Games begin
• Google supports LGBT rights ahead of Sochi Olympics
• How Sochi got 2014 Olympics
• Another one to bookmark: Follow Illinois athletes at Sochi Olympics
• Photos: The dogs of Sochi, we salute you
• NBC News: If you go to Sochi, yeah, you’re probably going to get hacked
• Journalists are sharing their miserable Sochi experience
The Opening Ceremony is Friday, but the events started Thursday, highlighted by team figure skating, a new event.
COMING UP TODAY:
• Opening Ceremony — 10 a.m. Central time
• Snowboard, Men’s Slopestyle Semifinals — 11:30 p.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.