Brian Urlacher could miss three games or more with hamstring injuryContinue reading.
Brian Urlacher’s Greatest Hits — 2000-13
Brian Urlacher scored five touchdowns as a Bear, but in his prime he was as much fun to watch just darting to one side of the field or the other to make a tackle. From beginning to end, he was a big-play player, one of the greatest Bears of all-time. Here’s a top-10 list of Urlacher moments:
1. Oct. 7, 2001: Returns a Michael Vick fumble 90 yards for a touchdown in the fourth quarter to give the Bears a 24-0 lead en route to a 31-3 rout of the Atlanta Falcons at the Georgia Dome. Two plays earlier, Urlacher had sacked Vick and forced a fumble, but Falcons running back Maurice Smith recovered.
2. Dec. 23, 2007: Returned an interception of Brett Favre 85 yards for a touchdown to put the finishing touch on a 35-3 rout of the Packers at Soldier Field.
3. Jan. 23, 2011: With the Bears trailing the Packers 14-0 in the third quarter of the NFC Championship Game, Urlacher intercepted Aaron Rodgers at the Bears 6 and might have gone all the way for a momentum-changing touchdown had Rodgers not tripped him up at the Bears 45 for a 39-yard return.
4. Oct. 16, 2006: Had a career-high 25 tackles (12 solo), with three tackles-for-loss, two quarterback hurries, two pass-breakups and a forced fumble that Charles Tillman returned 40 yards for a touchdown as the Bears rallied from a 23-3 deficit in the final 15:08 to beat the Arizona Cardinals 24-23 in Phoenix.
5. Sept. 27, 2010: In a 17-17 tie with the Packers with 2:27 to go, Urlacher forced wide receiver James Jones to fumble after a 12-yard gain to midfield. Bears cornerback Tim Jennings recovered and Robbie Gould kicked a 19-yard field goal with four seconds left to give the Bears a 20-17 victory at Soldier Field.
6. Dec 23, 2001: With the Bears trailing the Redskins 13-10 in the fourth quarter, Urlacher caught a 27-yard touchdown pass from holder Brad Maynard on a fake field goal to spark a 20-15 victory at FedEx Field in Landover, Md. that gave the Bears an 11-3 record.
7. Sept. 19, 2004: With the Packers driving to take the lead on a first-and-goal play from the 2-yard line in the second quarter, Urlacher stripped the ball from running back Ahman Green in the backfield and Mike Brown returned the fumble 95 yards for a game-changing touchdown as the Bears ended a seven-game losing streak against the Packers with a 21-10 victory at Lambeau Field. Urlacher had 14 tackles (10 solo) in that game.
8. Nov. 18, 2001: With the Bears coming off a loss to the Packers that snapped a six-game winning streak, Urlacher had 20 tackles (12 solo), plus a sack and a strip of Mike Alstott that Philip Daniels recovered as the Bears beat the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 27-24 at Raymond James Stadium.
9. Dec. 4, 2005: En route to winning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year Award, Urlacher had 16 tackles (13 solo), including one tackle-for-loss and two pass-breakups in a 19-7 victory over the Packers at Soldier Field for the Bears’ eighth consecutive victory after a 1-3 start.
10. Nov. 4, 2012: Slowed by offseason knee surgery in his 13th year with the Bears, Urlacher turned back the clock with a stellar game against the Tennessee Titans — he had a 46-yard interception return for a touchdown, a strip of Chris Johnson and fumble recovery and a pass defense against Johnson in which he went stride-for-stride down the sideline with the Titans speedster.